From Looney Spoons
DATE: Friday, February 17th, 2012
- 1Â½ lbs (680 g) boneless skinless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 1 cup fresh whole-grain bread crumbs
- Â½ cup crumbled light feta cheese (2 oz/57 g)
- Â¼ cup minced shallots
- 1 tbsp honey mustard
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- Â¼ tsp each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place salmon chunks in a food processor. Pulse on and off until salmon is chopped into very small pieces.(If you donâ€™t have a food processor, use a very sharp knife and mince the salmon by hand.)
- Transfer salmon to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well using your hands.
- Form mixture into 6 patties, about Â¾ inch thick. Place patties on a large plate, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Chilling will help the patties hold their shape while cooking.)
- Spray a large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add patties and cook for about 4 minutes per side, until salmon is cooked through. Be careful not to overcook the patties, and be gentle when flipping them so they donâ€™t fall apart. If you donâ€™t have a high-quality (unscratched!) non-stickpan, you might want to cook the patties in 1 to 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Serve patties on small, whole-grain hamburger buns with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and honey mustard, or top them with spoon of low-fat tartar sauce and serve with a salad.