Rickardâ€™s Dark Gingerbread
From Chef Michael Clive
DATE: Thursday, December 29th, 2011
- 1 355ml/ 12oz. Rickardâ€™s Dark beerâ€¨
- 1 ÂĽ cup butter
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Â˝ tsp ground allspice
- 2 Â˝ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Treat your 9â€ťx13â€ť cake pan with parchment paper or grease your cake pan.
- Over a low heat, gently melt together the butter, syrup, brown sugar, Rickardâ€™s Dark beer, ginger, cinnamon and allspice into pan.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the flour and baking soda.
- Whisk the sour cream and eggs together and then beat into the gingerbread mixture, whisking again to achieve a smooth batter.
- Pour the mixture into your cake pan and bake for approx. 45 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted in the center and comes out clean and dry; when it's ready it will have rise and coming away from the sides of the pan.
- Let the gingerbread cool before cutting into slices, squares or circles.