Hot and Sour Turkey Soup
From Make it Super
DATE: Thursday, October 6th, 2011
- 1 pkg .3oz (10g) dried mushrooms
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 lb Ontario turkey cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp gingerroot minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 5 cups vegetable or TURKEY broth
- 1 pkg (85g) oriental flavour Ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup Carrots, julienne
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup green onions sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped (optional)
- Hot & Sour Turkey Noodle Soup
- In a small bowl, soak mushrooms in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes; drain and rinse; set aside.
- In large deep saucepan or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, heat oil.
- Add turkey, garlic, gingerroot and pepper flakes.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until turkey is lightly browned.
- Stir in vegetable broth, noodles (discard flavour packet), carrots, peas, vinegar and prepared mushrooms.
- Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat and boil gently for 2 to 3 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
- Stir in onions and cilantro, if using. Serve immediately.