Artichoke Pepper Casserole
Dairy Farmers of Canada
DATE: Monday, December 13th, 2010
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter
- 2 red peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 cans (14 oz/ 398 mL) whole artichokes, drained and halved
- 1 cup (250 mL) 18% table cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) all purpose flour
- 3 oz (90 g) Canadian Gorgonzola cheese, cut into small pieces
- Pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400Â°F (200Â°C).
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat and cook peppers, onion, garlic, parsley and Italian seasoning, stirring frequently for about 8 minutes or until tender crisp and becoming golden.
- Scrape into shallow 10-cup (2.5 L) casserole dish. Stir in artichokes; set aside.
- In same skillet, whisk together cream and flour. Add cheese and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Whisk until Canadian Gorgonzola cheese is melted and stir in pepper. Pour over vegetable mixture.
- Topping: In a small bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parsley and butter.
- Sprinkle over vegetables and bake for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and topping is golden. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.