Fall Spiced Sweet Potato SoufflĂ©
McCain Purely Potatoes
DATE: Monday, October 4th, 2010
- 1 bag (454g) McCain Purely PotatoesÂ® Frozen Sweet Potato Chunks
- 2 eggs, separated
- Â˝ cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) pumpkin pie spice
- Â˝ cup (125 mL) 10% half and half cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) pure maple syrup
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F (180Â°C).
- Lightly spray the inside of 6 oven proof ramekins or custard cups with non-stick spray and place on a baking sheet; set aside.
- Microwave frozen sweet potatoes in bag on High for 12 to 14 minutes or until tender.
- Let stand for 1 minute.
- While sweet potatoes are standing, using clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form, and set aside.
- Pour slightly cooled sweet potatoes into a large bowl and mash.
- Using an electric mixer beat in egg yolks, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cream and maple syrup until smooth.
- Gently fold beaten egg whites into sweet potato mixture.
- Divide mixture among prepared ramekins and bake in a 350Â°F (180Â°C) oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until top is slightly firm to the touch.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Dollop with whipped cream, if using.