Monster (Spinach) Dip
DATE: Monday, August 30th, 2010
- 1 can (540ml) chckpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup (250ml) local fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (250ml) local cheese (cheddar or havarti)
- 1/4 cup (50ml) fresh squeezed local lemon
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) pepper or hot sauce
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water (approx)
- 1/4 tsp (1ml) clove garlic (optional)
- salt and/or pepper to taste
- local raw vegetables: baby carrots, celery, cauliflower, broccoli, peppers etc
- variety of mini-pita, nan or rice crackers
- Mix in food processor, chickpeas, garlic & spinach until they are finely chopped.
- Add cheese, lemon juice, pepper.
- Gradually add water to thin the dip to desired consistency.