Autumn Turkey Chili
DATE: Thursday, October 1st, 2009
- 1 each: onion, carrot and celery stalk, chopped
- 2 cups (500 mL) each: apples, cored and chopped and butternut squash, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb (454 g) ground turkey, cooked
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) chili powder
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- Â¼ tsp (1 mL) each: salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 can (10 fl oz/284 mL) undiluted chicken broth
- 1 can (400 mL) light coconut milk
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) tomato paste
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- Combine all ingredients (except garnishes) in Crock-PotÂ® slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH 4-6 hours or LOW 8-10 hours.
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes.