DATE: Wednesday, March 25th, 2009
- Â¾ cup olive oil
- 3-5 cloves garlic
- Â½ teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh lemon
- 3 egg yolks
- Â¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- Â½ teaspoon wasabi paste or powder
- Socitto cured Salmon
- Bamboo toothpicks or 3" skewer
- Puree or mash garlic as fine as possible (food processor works well) and add it to olive oil.
- Place egg yolks, Dijon and wasabi in mixing bowl and whisk for about a minute.
- While continuously whisking the yolks, begin to drizzle in the oil mixture in a thin, slow
- Yolks will begin to bind, when half the olive oil mixture is mixed in or when it begins to
resemble mayonnaise, add vinegar, salt and pepper then continue to drizzle in the oil
mixture while whisking.
- Squeeze in a little lemon juice and stir well. Adjust seasoning ie, more lemon, or more salt and pepper or garlic etcâ€¦ it should be thick and creamy, not overly garlicky and not too strong.