Atlantic Halibut with Asian Noodle Salad, and Asian Greens
DATE: Monday, April 30th, 2007
Atlantic Halibut with Asian Noodle Salad, and Asian Greens (4/30/2007)
- 7oz Halibut
- Fine Sea Salt
- Coarse Black Pepper
- 1 whole Tomato
- Asian Vinaigrette
- 100ml Sesame Oil
- 100ml Fish Sauce
- 200ml Rice wine Vinegar
- 200ml Soy Sauce
- 400ml Canola Oil
- 50ml Lime Juice
- Honey to Taste
- Chili Paste (optional)
Asian Noodle Salad
- 100ml Sesame Oil
- 100ml Soy Sauce
- 100ml Sweet Soy
- 250grams Grated Ginger
- 1 package of Cantonese Noodles
- 2 Bell Peppers (Any Colour)
- 1 Bunch of Green Onions
- Pinch of Salt
- Pinch of Pepper
- 1 Head of Napa (Chinese Cabbage)
- 1 Head of Bok Choy
- 35 Snow Peas
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 1 Jalapeno (seeded)
- Â½ tsp Cumin
- Â¼ Tsp Sugar
- 1 bunch of Cilantro (Coriander)
- Â½ bunch of Mint
- 1 Tblsp Lemon Juice
- Â½ Avacado
- 25ml Thick Coconut Milk
- 100ml Vegetable Oil
- Filet your Halibut, by slowly and gently cutting off the skin of the fish, (some fish markets may do this step for you), check the fish for any visible bones and remove them.
- Season the fish and refrigerate for later. Put a pot on heat, with salted water and bring to a boil. Empty contents of Cantonese noodles into water and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove and strain the noodles, cool them down under running cold water to avoid over cooking them. Shake the noodles off, and place into large bowl.
- Add sweet soy, ginger, soy sauce, and sesame oil.
- Chop green onions and bell peppers and add to this mixture.
- Toss all ingredients, and season with salt and pepper to your desired liking.
- Remove outside leaves of Napa, and discard those that may not appear to be so healthy. Thinly slice Napa and Bok Choy, and snow peas.
- Combine all ingredients together and set aside.
- To make the Asian Vinaigrette, place all ingredients in a blender, or use a whisk, and blend together to combine ingredients in a smooth texture. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- To make the Coriander Pesto, combine in blender, and allow to mix until smooth and uniform texture is formed. Cut Tomato in Â¼â€™s and remove inside seeds and pulp. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees, and put halibut and tomato petals into oven for approximately 7 -8 minutes (dependent on size of fish, this will make the fish med-rare in).
- Heat up two pans with oil, and allow to become very warm, add noodles to one pan, and Asian greens to the other pan.
- Sautee both lightly, then add a little Asian Vinaigrette to both pans to add flavor and aroma to the dish.
- Remove tomatoes and Halibut from oven, put noodles on bottom of plate, top with sautÃ©ed Asian greens, put Halibut on top of noodles and Asian greens, arrange tomato petals on plate, and top fish with Coriander Pesto.