Back in Town!
Posted: Tuesday, December 30th, 2008
I must say, its good to be back in Ottawa after Christmas in Mexico. Itâ€™s the first time Iâ€™ve spent Christmas in a tropical location, and I must admit, it was a bit strange. Getting up Christmas morning and heading to the beach was somewhat odd, although highly enjoyable! As a little Christmas present for ourselves, my girlfriend Erin and myself went para-sailing!!! Very coolâ€¦loved it!
Anyway, I was anxious to get back home and start what will turn out to be an almost daily trek to Scotiabank Place for the World Junior Championship. I made it to see our boys hammer Kazahkstan 15-0, and last night, a much more entertaining game as Canada beat Germany 5-1. Its awesome to take in the atmosphere at SBP for the Canada gamesâ€¦the place is rockinâ€™! As someone mentioned to me this morning, its very nice to go to the rink and see our team win, which has not been the case for a lot of Sens fans so far this season!!
At any rate, the WJHC is a special event that we probably wonâ€™t see here in Ottawa for quite some time, so if you get a chance to go, donâ€™t miss it!
Of course, the first question I had when I arrived home from vacation was â€śis the OC Transpoâ€ť strike over?â€ť Sadly, the stalemate continues, and its those who depend on the transit system to get around who are suffering the most. Can we just find some common ground here and get people back to work so we can get our lives back on track for the New Year? Câ€™mon!!! Seriously, this has gone on way too long. Iâ€™ve been on strike before, and I can tell you thisâ€¦its kind of fun for the first few days, but after a while, it can be downright depressingâ€¦I would never want to do it again, thatâ€™s for sure.
Good luck to both sides in this disputeâ€¦but for cryinâ€™ out loud, at least start talking again so we, the people, get some sort of sense that things are moving forward. I think itâ€™s a shame that with people in Ottawa from all over the world for the WJHC and the Bell Capital Cup, we have a transit strike to deal with, instead of putting our best foot forward.
On that note, thanks and congrats to all of the organizers and volunteers who are doing their best not only to put on great events, but to work around a transit strike at the same timeâ€¦good job people!
By the wayâ€¦the first New Yearâ€™s Eve party starts right here at 6 am tomorrowâ€¦see you then!!!!
- Is it really March? Posted: Monday, March 2nd, 2009
- Go Boating Posted: Friday, February 27th, 2009
- Oscar's Hangover Posted: Monday, February 23rd, 2009
- Love and Family Posted: Friday, February 13th, 2009
- One SMOOTH Transit Thursday Posted: Thursday, February 12th, 2009
- Buying Tickets Posted: Friday, February 6th, 2009
- Buying Tickets Posted: Friday, February 6th, 2009
- Finally Friday Posted: Friday, February 6th, 2009
- Winterlude Posted: Friday, February 6th, 2009
- Tropical Depression Posted: Friday, January 30th, 2009
- Kindness Week Posted: Friday, January 23rd, 2009
- Jamaica Bound... Posted: Thursday, January 15th, 2009
- Technology Tuesday Posted: Tuesday, January 13th, 2009
- Happy Friday! Posted: Friday, January 9th, 2009
- Frustrating Friday Posted: Friday, January 9th, 2009
- Back at it this week Posted: Tuesday, January 6th, 2009
- Happy New Year! Posted: Wednesday, December 31st, 2008
- Back in Town! Posted: Tuesday, December 30th, 2008
- The Monday after Christmas! Posted: Monday, December 29th, 2008
- Merry Christmas Eve! Posted: Wednesday, December 24th, 2008
- JUST Made It! Posted: Wednesday, December 24th, 2008
- Happy Monday! Posted: Monday, December 22nd, 2008
- The Hustle and the Bustle Posted: Friday, December 19th, 2008
- Getting up at 3:30 am has it's perks Posted: Thursday, December 18th, 2008
- Thank you Posted: Thursday, December 11th, 2008
- Thank- you Posted: Thursday, December 11th, 2008
- Winter Weather and the OC Transpo Strike Posted: Wednesday, December 10th, 2008
- Stocking Stuffer Show Posted: Friday, December 5th, 2008
- Friday Posted: Friday, December 5th, 2008
- Canadaâ€™s Tallest Christmas Tree Posted: Tuesday, December 2nd, 2008
- Fabulous Friday Posted: Friday, November 28th, 2008
- Cash Crunch Posted: Tuesday, November 25th, 2008
- It's Friday! Posted: Friday, November 21st, 2008
- Help Santa Toy Parade Posted: Thursday, November 20th, 2008
- Its Cold!!! Posted: Wednesday, November 19th, 2008
- Gingerbread 101 Posted: Wednesday, November 19th, 2008
- Mellow Monday Posted: Monday, November 17th, 2008
- Friday Posted: Friday, November 14th, 2008
- Littering! Posted: Wednesday, November 12th, 2008
- Remembrance Day... Posted: Tuesday, November 11th, 2008
- Stop for Just a Moment and Think Posted: Tuesday, November 11th, 2008
- We Remember Posted: Tuesday, November 11th, 2008
- Got Kids? Posted: Monday, November 10th, 2008
- Support Our Troops Posted: Friday, November 7th, 2008
- CHANGE...IS GOOD Posted: Wednesday, November 5th, 2008
- Tuesday Times Posted: Tuesday, November 4th, 2008
- Enjoy it while you can!!! Posted: Monday, November 3rd, 2008
- Happy Halloween Posted: Friday, October 31st, 2008
- Volunteering Posted: Monday, October 27th, 2008
- Great gadgets Posted: Friday, October 24th, 2008